closed workshop. PRE-REGISTRATION
Workshop series 29 September - 1 October 2017 | 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Southbank Centre, LONDON
29 September meeting point: Clore Ballroom
30 September and 1 October: Level 5 Function Room
A series of three closed workshops Friday to Sunday, led by Martin Q Larsson, composer and Artistic Director of Nordic Music Days, in collaboration with Swedish Society of Composers and Musik i Syd. Participation requires a pre-registration, please register here or click on "Register here" to go to the registration form.
The participants are divided in groups of four people. The groups get one hour to compose a piece. The pieces are then presented at Riverside Terrace Café 12:00 PM every day. The workshops take place in the public areas of Southbank Centre, from the introduction talk to the creative work and rehearsals. The participants will be divided into new groups every day.
Junctions Music Worxhop is a tool for establishing new Nordic-British musical networks through artistic collaboration. During Nordic Music Days 2017 at Southbank Centre in London, up to 60 professional music practitioners – composers, musicians, sound artists and similar – will do short and intense artistic collaborations, emerging in new professional Nordic-British musical networks.
- 20 professional music practitioners – composers, musicians, sound artists – in each workshop.
- Same workshop three days, with different people.
- If there is room, it will be possible to join more than one workshop.
- All activities will be public.
- All contact details will be shared with the other workshop participants.
- Concept/Mission/Theme/Rules (10 min)
- Groups of 4: 2 British+2 Nordic, ideally 2 composers, 2 musicians (5 min)
- Create & rehearse a new piece in collaboration (60 min)
- 5 groups perform 5 pieces à 3 min (20 min)
- Short follow-up discussion, 5 pieces à 2 min (10 min)
- Groups that have taken part of the Junctions Music Workshop can apply for participation in a concert in Helsingborg, Sweden, April 14th 2018.
- All groups for this occasion must have both British and Nordic members.
- Musik i Syd pays for travels, hotels and per diem for a limited number of people.
- The workshop is open to professional composers, musicians, soundartists and/or similar residing in or coming from Great Britain or one of the Nordic Countries (Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Iceland, Faroe island, Greenland, Åland).
Martin Q Larsson
Please register here!
If you would like to apply for this workshop, please click the button below to go to the registration form. There is no deadline, but participants will be selected on a first come first served basis. Participants are expected to take care of their own travels to Southbank centre, and there is no cost and no fee for the workshop.
Martin Q Larsson is a Swedish musician and composer of contemporary music. He is artistic director of the Nordic Music Days. Martin has written music for all imaginable kinds of ensembles. He has also composed for film, theatre and dance. As musician he plays trumpet, flügelhorn, alto horn, and electronics.
Musik i syd
Musik i Syd is a music institution in the Skåne and Kronoberg regions of southern Sweden that aims to give people access to creative and live music experiences.